When Shadeisha George signed up for the Miss SVG 2014 pageant, she knew that winning the pageant was not going to be an easy task.
Miss George, 21, who was entering her first pageant, was at a disadvantage as a few of her opponents namely Shackell Bobb and Karla Gellizeau, were veterans in the pageant world. Bobb, who had previously entered five, one of which she won (Miss P’Tani 2011), and Miss Gellizeau had won the Miss West St George 2012 crown and had represented St Vincent and the Grenadines in Nevis at the Miss Caribbean Culture pageant.
George, who was sponsored by telecommunications provider, LIME, trumped seven other contenders for the Miss SVG 2014 title at Victoria Park on Saturday.
She also won the Eveningwear and Talent segments of the show, while Gellizeau and Bobb, won the swimwear and Interview segments, respectively.
Results at a glance:
- Miss SVG 2014 — Miss Lime Shadeisha George.
- First Runner-up — Miss Mustique Co. Ltd. Karla Gellizeau.
- Second Runner-up — Miss Agricultural Input Warehouse Shackell Bobb.
- Best Talent — Miss Lime Shadeisha George.
- Best Evening Wear — Miss Lime Shadeisha George.
- Best Interview — Miss Agricultural Input Warehouse Shackell Bobb.
- Best Swimwear — Miss Mustique Co. Ltd. Karla Gellizeau.
- Miss Photogenic — Miss Agricultural Input Warehouse Shackell Bobb.
- Miss Congeniality — Miss Super 6 Authority Vanika Hope.
- Most Community Spirited — Miss Lotto Jamilla Neverson.
- Best Community Support During the Road Trips — Miss Lotto Jamilla Neverson.
Other contestants: Miss Imperial Optical Fellisia Baptiste, Miss Metrocint General Insurance Co. Ltd. Selis Blair, and Miss Bequia Beach Hotel Tatiana Lespierre.
Gellizeau, who was sponsored by Mustique Co. Ltd., and Bobb, sponsored by Agricultural Input Warehouse, placed First and Second Runner-up, respectively.